Watch the Arizona Roadmap to Veteran Employment Summit live streamed by Arizona PBS
Thursday, March 26, 2015
9:00 – 11:00 am & 12:00 – 1:00 pm
Welcome to the Arizona Roadmap to Veteran Employment!
The Roadmap is a statewide plan that engages public and private sector organizations with a goal of connecting service members, veterans and their family members to employment opportunities, training & resources. The Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services and the Arizona Coalition for Military Families are the lead implementation partners.
The Employment Equation
The roadmap is structured around an employment equation that encompasses a focus on the interests and needs of different key stakeholder groups, as well as the relationship between those stakeholders with an end goal of successful hiring and retention:
What are the goals of the roadmap?
The roadmap will focus on the following targets for each of the key stakeholder groups from the employment equation:
Job Seekers: Job seekers and employees have access to information and support resources for their job search and career progression.
Employment Service Providers: Employment service providers are equipped with the training, contacts and resources to effectively assist job seekers with job search and barriers to employability.
Employers: Employers know the value of these employees, how to connect to this pool of job seekers and can effectively capitalize on and retain employees.
Scroll down to learn more about what is available to job seekers, employment service providers and employers.
JOB SEEKERS & EMPLOYEES – RECOMMENDATIONS & NEXT STEPS
1. Complete the job search checklist. (Coming soon!)
2. Connect with an employment support program:
There are many resources statewide available to assist service members, veterans and their family members with finding employment. As a starting point, visit the Quickstart Resource Guide on Employment.
Mario Aguirre, our Roadmap Employment Outreach Coordinator, is also available to connect you to resources in your area for job search and other needs.
BY PHONE: 480-889-0718 Ext 118 BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONLINE 24/7 Job Search is available at:
VA eBenefits Jobs – an online portal that includes a Military Skills Translator and job search (note: the Department of Defense H2H.jobs initiative now falls under this site).
My Next Move for Veterans – a Department of Labor website that includes an Interest Profiler.
US Military Pipeline – this site houses the skills translation and matching technology that was created here in Arizona.
IN PERSON (eligible veterans receive priority service):
Arizona Workforce Connection: Find your local One-Stop for job search assistance (locations statewide).
Arizona Department of Economic Security Veterans Program: Services are available statewide.
3. Find supportive services to address areas such as housing, finances, family stress and physical health.
Visit the Military/Veteran Resource Network and click on the navigation guides.
Thank you for your service!
EMPLOYMENT SERVICE PROVIDERS – RECOMMENDATIONS & NEXT STEPS
Through the roadmap, training and technical assistance is available to public and private sector employment service providers. This can include an array of support such as:
- Military/Veteran Employment Service Provider training
- Military/Veteran Resource Navigator training (view the calendar of upcoming navigator trainings)
- Facilitation of cross-sector collaboration and coordination of service delivery
- Technical assistance to become a partner organization on the Military/Veteran Resource Network
View the Roadmap Training Menu for examples of options for employment service providers.
If you are an employment service provider and would like more information, please complete a pre-application to join the Network or submit a Training & Technical Assistance Request form or contact us at 602-753-8802 or email@example.com.
EMPLOYERS – RECOMMENDATIONS & NEXT STEPS
Public and private sector employers of all sizes are invited to be a part of the roadmap, which will focus on engaging organizations as Arizona Veteran Supportive Employers (AVSE) and strengthening recruiting, hiring and retention of service members, veterans and family members. ACMF and ADVS offer the following to assist employers:
- Arizona Veteran Supportive Employer training (view the calendar of upcoming employer trainings)
- Military/Veteran Resource Navigation training (view the calendar of upcoming navigator trainings)
- Technical assistance to become an Arizona Veteran Supportive Employer
View the Roadmap Training Menu for examples of options for employers.
If you are an employer and would like more information, please complete a pre-application form to learn more about becoming an Arizona Veteran Supportive Employer or submit a Training & Technical Assistance Request form or contact us at 602-753-8802 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMUNITY MEMBERS – RECOMMENDATIONS & NEXT STEPS
1. Keep key resources on hand to share with service members, veterans and family members when needed:
National Veterans Crisis Line – Access confidential help 24/7 by phone, chat and text – www.VeteransCrisisLine.net | 1-800-273-8255 option 1
Military/Veteran Resource Network – Connect to Arizona-specific resources and information – www.MilitaryVeteranResourceNetwork.org
2. Attend a Military/Veteran Resource Navigation training (view the calendar of upcoming navigator trainings).
Attend a Mental Health First Aid course (military/veteran focused courses are sometimes available from the Coalition and our partners). The Arizona Department of Health Services maintains a statewide calendar of upcoming MHFA trainings.
3. Connect organizations you are affiliated with to the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services and the Arizona Coalition for Military Families to become partner organizations.