Welcome to the VA Quickstart Guide.
This is a starting point for information and resources for veterans of all eras and their families interested in accessing VA programs, resources and benefits.
This guide is intended for:
- Veterans from any branch or component who served in the armed forces.
- Family members
- A person who is helping one of the above
About the VA: The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is the federal agency responsible for providing health care and federal benefits to eligible veterans and their eligible dependents. The VA is a large agency with many different program, services and functions.
The following are starting points to access the VA in Arizona:
1. VA Health Care: Health care services in Arizona are delivered by three VA Health Care Systems: Northern Arizona, Phoenix & Southern Arizona. Each one consists of a hospital, Community-based Outpatient Clinics and other programs and services. Click on the links below to go directly to the website of each system:
This video explains the process for enrolling in VA health care:
To make an appointment with an enrollment specialist, contact your closest VA Medical Center:
Prescott: 1-800-949-1005, ext 6224
Phoenix: 1-800-554-7174, ext 1-6508
Tucson: 1-800-470-8262, ext 1-6572
2. VA Benefits: Veteran Benefits are administered by one VA Regional Office, which is located in Phoenix. For an overview, click here. Or click the link below to go directly to the Phoenix Regional Office website:
3. Vet Centers: Vet Centers are community-based centers that provide counseling to combat veterans and their families. There are several Vet Centers located around the state, as well as two Mobile Vet Centers that can travel to areas of the state where there is a need for counseling services. There is no cost for services and all care is confidential.
Link: Vet Centers in Arizona
4. Cemeteries: The National Cemetery Administration is also part of the VA and maintains two cemeteries in Arizona. Learn more about locations and eligibility at the links below.
Link: Arizona cemeteries
Link: Eligibility & Benefits