Welcome to the All-Era Veterans Quickstart Guide.
This is a starting point for information and resources for veterans of all eras and their families.
This guide is intended for:
- Veterans from any branch or component who served in the armed forces.
- Family members
- A person who is helping one of the above
Arizona is home to 600,000 veterans of all eras. There are resources available from the military, government and community for veterans and their families. At times, use of these resources might be dependent on your service and discharge status.
The following are starting points to access resources:
1. Information on the effects of deployment & reintegration:There are great resources to assist with service members, veterans and family members with managing the stressors associated with military service.
The Defense Centers of Excellence has information on an array of topics.
One of the resources is the Real Warriors website, which has information on the impact of deployment and reintegration, including video profiles of service members and family members.
Link: Real Warriors
2. VA Health Care: There are several different ways that veterans can qualify for VA Health Care. The best way to determine if a veteran is eligible is to apply to the VA.
3. VA Benefits: You may be eligible for VA benefits, such as compensation and/or pension, education, home loan guaranty, life insurance and vocational rehabilitation. Download a checklist of VA Benefits.
4. Arizona Roadmap to Veteran Employment: Any service member, veteran or family member seeking employment can connect to job search and preparation resources. Assistance is available online, by phone and by email in every county.