Welcome to the Active Duty Quickstart Guide.
This is a starting point for finding resources for active duty service members and their families.
This guide is intended for:
- Active duty service members from any branch
- Family members
- A person who is helping one of the above
1. Use installation resources: Arizona has five active duty installations and an Army Recruiting Battalion that have personnel and resources available to assist service members and families. Resources vary by branch and installation but may include:
- Chain of command
- Family Readiness
- Victim Advocates
- Resilience, stress first aid, suicide intervention and prevention personnel
2. Access your TRICARE benefits: There are a range of resources available through your TRICARE health care benefit. Currently, in Arizona TRICARE benefits are administered by UnitedHealthcare Military & Veterans for Arizona military members, family members and retirees.
3. Consider National Guard resources: Some resources provided by the Guard can be used by active duty and their families, especially those that are geographically separated from an installation or in situations with non-card-carrying significant others.
Suggested reading: National Guard Quickstart Guide
4. Military OneSource: An array of information, resources and support is available from Military OneSource. This includes no-cost counseling services, as well as assistance with identifying resources. Information is available 24/7.
Link: Military OneSource