ARIZONA ROADMAP TO VETERAN EMPLOYMENT
JOB SEEKERS & EMPLOYEES
RECOMMENDATIONS & NEXT STEPS
1. Complete the job search checklist: View & Download
2. Connect with an employment support program: Resources and support area available in every county statewide!
IN PERSON (eligible veterans receive priority service):
Arizona@Work: Find your local One-Stop for job search assistance (locations statewide).
Arizona Department of Economic Security Veterans Program: Services are available statewide.
3. Explore opportunities: There are many different resources to help you translate your military experience, explore career options and connect to employment opportunities.
Pipeline AZ – an online portal that matches job seekers with employment opportunities based on skills. The site includes a military skills translator as well as career pathways (educational opportunities, average salary and projected demand) for 750 different careers! (Note: This is the new iteration of the Arizona Roadmap portal with enhanced features. While the career pathways are Maricopa County specific, the job matching works statewide.)
VA eBenefits Jobs – the VA website focused on job search (note: the Department of Defense H2H.jobs initiative now falls under this site).
My Next Move for Veterans – a Department of Labor website that includes an Interest Profiler.
4. Participate in a Roadmap Hiring Program: These programs focus on pre-matching candidates and open positions based on skills and job requirements. Interviews take place on the day of the event.
Special thanks to Cisco for their support of these events!
Previous hiring events:
March 7, 2018 – Phoenix
March 29, 2018 – Ft. Huachuca – Sierra Vista
November 2017 – Phoenix
September 2016 – Ft. Huachuca – Sierra Vista
June 2016 – Arizona National Guard – Phoenix
5. Find supportive services to address areas such as housing, finances, family stress and physical health.
Visit the Military/Veteran Resource Network to browse or be matched to resources. You can also call the Be Connected support line 24/7 at 1-866-4AZ-VETS (429-8387) for assistance locating resources.
Need additional assistance or have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 602-753-8802.
Thank you for your service!