ARIZONA ROADMAP TO VETERAN EMPLOYMENT
JOB SEEKERS & EMPLOYEES
RECOMMENDATIONS & NEXT STEPS
1. Complete the job search checklist: View & Download
2. Connect with an employment support program: Resources and support area available in every county statewide!
IN PERSON (eligible veterans receive priority service):
Arizona@Work: Find your local One-Stop for job search assistance (locations statewide).
Arizona Department of Economic Security Veterans Program: Services are available statewide.
3. Explore opportunities: There are many different resources to help you translate your military experience, explore career options and connect to employment opportunities.
Pipeline AZ – an online portal that matches job seekers with employment opportunities based on skills. The site includes a military skills translator as well as career pathways (educational opportunities, average salary and projected demand) for 750 different careers! (Note: This is the new iteration of the Arizona Roadmap portal with enhanced features. While the career pathways are Maricopa County specific, the job matching works statewide.)
VA eBenefits Jobs – the VA website focused on job search (note: the Department of Defense H2H.jobs initiative now falls under this site).
My Next Move for Veterans – a Department of Labor website that includes an Interest Profiler.
4. Participate in a Roadmap Hiring Program: Events are held around the state.
Upcoming hiring events:
November 16, 2018 – Phoenix – Download event and registration info
Previous hiring events:
March 29, 2018 – Ft. Huachuca – Sierra Vista
March 7, 2018 – Phoenix
November 2017 – Phoenix
September 2016 – Ft. Huachuca – Sierra Vista
June 2016 – Arizona National Guard – Phoenix
5. Find supportive services to address areas such as housing, finances, family stress and physical health.
Visit the Military/Veteran Resource Network to browse or be matched to resources. You can also call the Be Connected support line 24/7 at 1-866-4AZ-VETS (429-8387) for assistance locating resources.
Need additional assistance or have questions? Email email@example.com or call 602-753-8802.
Thank you for your service!