Key stakeholders from the public and private sector are working collaboratively to create a Southern Arizona Military/Veteran Community Network (the Network). The Arizona Coalition for Military Families has been engaged to develop and implement the Community Network, building upon Arizona’s nationally-recognized statewide model.
The Community Network was officially launched at a Summit at the University of Arizona in Tucson in December 2014.
Initial Implementation & Steering Committee Partners for the Network:
- Build the capacity for individuals and organizations in Southern Arizona to respond to service members, veterans and family members in need, with a focus of no wrong door and no wrong person.
- Increase cross-sector collaboration between the military, government and community (nonprofit, business, faith-based, etc.) in the Southern Arizona region.
- Connect service members, veterans and their families to employment opportunities.
Special thanks to the following donors for partnering to build the Community Network:
- R. B. and B.C. O’Rielly Charitable Fund held at the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona
- Diamond Family Philanthropic Fund of the Jewish Community Foundation of Southern Arizona
- Click Family Foundation
- CAID Industries, Inc. Philanthropic Fund of United Way of Tucson and Southern Arizona
- BBVA Compass
- HSL Properties, Inc.
- The Community Foundation for Southern Arizona made possible by Suddath Relocation Systems of Arizona, LLC