Mission & Vision
The mission of the Arizona Coalition for Military Families (the Coalition) is to build Arizona’s capacity to care for and support all service members, veterans, their families and communities.
Our vision is that every service member, veteran and family member is connected to the right resource at the right time.
To fulfill our mission, we rely on the following guiding principles:
- Purple: The Coalition is focused on all branches, all phases of service and all types of families statewide.
- Facilitation: Provide a centralized connection point for all individuals and organizations in the state that serve, support and interact with service members, veterans and their families.
- Action-oriented: Utilize an action-oriented approach that results in activities and outcomes that are meaningful for both the military and veteran population, and partners from the military, government and community.
- Collaboration: Serve as a bridge between the military, government and community.
- Best Practices: Leverage sound and proven practices to meet the needs of service members, veterans and their families.
- Sustainability: Put practices in place to establish the Coalition as a long-term resource for the community.
In 2008, the Joint Family Support Assistance Program (JFSAP) was implemented at the Arizona National Guard Joint Family Programs Office to support military families from all branches of the armed forces, while building Arizona’s capacity to assist families.
The initial structure of JFSAP allowed for each state to implement the program according to the unique needs of its population. In Arizona, the approach taken heavily emphasized community capacity building with an overarching goal to leverage existing resources and create a sustainable effort to exist beyond the initial funding period (through 2014) of JFSAP.
To achieve this, the Arizona Coalition for Military Families (the Coalition) was developed and launched on August 19, 2009 as a public/private partnership. The Coalition operates with 501(c)3 status and as of June 2016, Technical Assistance Partnership of Arizona serves as the administrative service organization and fiscal sponsor.