The Coalition joined the City of Phoenix and employment key stakeholders to help launch the Veterans Economic Communities of Interest (VECI) initiative in Phoenix at the headquarters of APS. Phoenix was one of 25 cities selected by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for VECI.
In Arizona, VECI aligns closely with the Arizona Roadmap to Veteran Employment, which engages job seekers, employment service providers, employers and the community.
In addition to the Coalition and the City, launch partners included the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services, APS and TriWest Healthcare Alliance.
- Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton
- Wanda Wright, Director of the Arizona Department of Veterans’ Services
- Don Brandt, CEO of APS
- David McIntyre, President and CEO of TriWest Healthcare Alliance
- Thomas Winkel, Director of Community Engagement for the Arizona Coalition for Military Families
- Rick Romley, former Maricopa County Attorney and Past President of the Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame.
Watch the launch here: